Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 90: Double Stuff

Day 90 was a planned day of rest from actual running but I prepared for my big 9 mile run on Sunday by purchasing a hydration belt, headband, and some fancy jelly beans that purport to give you energy and electrolytes. I also read my Runner's World magazine and met a potential new running mentor who I have a feeling could teach me a lot.

The peculiar thing about Day 90 was that, for the first time in nearly three months, I simply forgot to write. Even though I never think much about writing during the work day, other than vaguely looking forward to it as my reward at night, it has become a part of me. I may not be a very good writer, but I am now someone who writes every day, and thus, a writer, by my own definition. What does it mean if I skip a day? What might this do to my progress?

I wonder if writing is in any way similar to running, that maybe a day of rest and recovery from blogging will enhance my overall performance in the long term scheme of things. Will tomorrow's entry pour from me with notably improved clarity, poignancy and insight? One can only hope! Cross your fingers for double stuff in tomorrow's cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment