Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 65: Riot in the Yard!

No exercise at all today. Sick, sick, sick as a dog. Muddled through work and had to cancel all plans for the evening.

Tonight I ate chicken soup, rye bread, frozen cherries and chocolate chips for dinner. (Take notes - this is a professional's diet.) Then, I watched two episodes of "Mad Men" - all about sex, smoking and deliciously convoluted social politics. (Perfect character building for the athlete in training.) And now, finally, at long last... I'm giving up and going to bed!

I hope I can sleep tonight. Last night I only got about 4 hours because I was so uncomfortable, tossing and turning, sipping hot liquids, refilling the humidifier, smelling eucalyptus oils and blowing my nose. Hot stuff, I'm telling you.

I hope I can recover quickly now. I have a big 5 mile race in the Park on Saturday and I really need to be rested and well for that. I guess this is one occasion when my body's in charge and my mind is just going to have to sit back and wait for the tempers to cool... There's a riot in the yard and headquarters can't do a thing about it. (Sorry, General Patton.)

No comments:

Post a Comment