Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 83: Butterflies

Today's a cross-training day. I'm heading off this evening to play an hour and a half of tennis. I'm technically supposed to be resting today and tomorrow in preparation for my big 8 mile run on Sunday, but I feel like I can handle tennis without getting too over-worked.

I have butterflies just thinking about 8 miles. I'm trying to remind myself I had butterflies about 7 miles last weekend, but then I did it. 8 feels like a different category though. What will I do for an hour and three quarters? How will I occupy my brain? Day dreaming can only take me so far. What music will inspire me. If I hear "Pass the Courvoisier" or "Shake Ya Tailfeather" one more time I might implode. I think I need to look into books on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment