Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 73: Dunked


Three miles this morning in 38:44. Really didn't want to get up early and churn it out today. Woke from a nightmare that I'd been at a pool party, and a guy had, in fun, thrown me into the water, but not realizing I was holding my handbag... with all of my various electronic gadgets in it.

There was this mad scramble when everyone at the party dove in to try to help me retrieve the bits - personal phone, Blackberry for work, flip video, camera, plus my wallet, glasses, keys, cards, everything. Only my lip gloss floated on the surface past me, and I reached out to grab it. Nothing else, not a single thing, was recovered; it all sunk into oblivion to the bottom of the extra deep, Olympic size diving pool. Then I woke up.

For a minute I tried to analyze what this could all mean, hit the snooze to try to go back and create a happier resolution - but caught myself remembering, I have an early morning meeting today, and snoozing would make it impossible for me to get my full run in. Work has to come first, but that can't become an excuse not to run. I needed every minute or I'd be late.

I forced myself up, threw the clothes on, slugged some coffee and headed down to the gym. I didn't worry about my speed or time, walked a little bit to warm up, then walked again twice, but ran for the last mile at 5.6 mpg quite comfortably.

Now I'm off to my early meeting, which is being held in the PH at the Hotel Gansevoort... Oh wait! That's where the hotel's pool is located, and you can see if from the bar. My dream is suddenly starting to make sense... Must remember to stand back from the edge of the water.

Addendum: Photo attached now is of the actual hotel pool, which is far from Olympic size. Turns out it's only 4' deep at the deep end. No, I did not go in; and I left my handbag in the meeting when I went to take this photo - just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment