Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 82: How's Tricks?

Just ran 4 miles in 48:05. That's a 12:01 mile. Not very fast but I got it done.

Some days, that's all you've got. Especially in the morning, on the treadmill, with no coffee or food. I'm bored with my music. The news on the TV was bad and the closed captioning was on a serious delay. There would be a newscaster holding up a magazine with a photo of Tiger Woods skulking around his sex rehab campus... but then the closed captioning would be talking about John Edwards' love child.

I could hardly keep up with the conveyer belt. I tried staring at my necklace, zoning out, dreaming, making up stories about the people in the gym with me, thinking about work, counting my breath, counting the miles, counting my steps, counting the calories. Nothing made it easier today. I might just be running out of tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment