Thursday, September 2, 2010

65: Opposite Emoticons

I had an amazing day at work - maybe one of my best days ever! [Insert smiling emoticon here.]

But success can be exhausting. When I got home, instead of going for a run, I decided to take it easy. I picked up my favorite vegetarian dinner (beet skordalia and whole wheat pita) from my favorite neighborhood restaurant, squeezed myself a fresh lemonade with organic lemons and agave nectar, and called a bunch of people back. I just needed to celebrate and put my feet up for a night.

Or, more specifically, I needed to put my right foot up and ice it. I'm so sad to say this but I've been uncomfortable basically since my heroin-like high wore off Tuesday night. Pains have been shooting through my foot at unexpected moments - sharp pains that make me feel like maybe running already isn't a good idea at all. I will see tomorrow how I feel.

Isn't that just like life that you could have the best day ever on one hand, and then, on the other, watch a dream turn to dust right before your eager eyes. [Insert frowning emoticon here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment