Friday, September 3, 2010

64: Mercury in Retrograde

Mercury has been in retrograde since August 20th. This phase of the planet is thought to cause complications for humans on Earth in the areas of communication and thinking processes. That would explain why I can't seem to cope with the idea that my foot isn't better.

Tonight for the first time since November 1, 2009, I considered lying - just saying I ran - even though I didn't. Easier to let you all think I am fine than to keep trying to say something intelligent about why I am not fine. Easier to imagine another blissful four miles... or paint a picture of myself sitting still on the stationary bike... than face the reality of working late, forgetting to ice, forgetting the acetaminophen, tonight's crushing humidity, and the pain I feel.

Mercury will be out of retrograde on Sept 12th. Until then, it's not considered wise to make any big decisions. Am I doing this, or not? Am I even going to try to run the marathon? Right now, I just don't know. Maybe the answer will become clearer over the next 9 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment