Wednesday, September 15, 2010

52: 2.5M at Sunset

May I have many more runs like the run I had tonight. Just a quickie. Under 30 minutes. Outside in the Park at the "magic hour" as the sun was beginning to set.

I ran slowly. Only one man and one woman (both very fit looking, I should add) ran more slowly than I did. Their gaits were like an experiment in slow!

I felt no pressure to go faster. My face turned red. I sweat up a storm. My stomach hurt because I'd eaten a late lunch. But I never stopped. No need to.

My foot was just annoying, mostly. There was only pain when I went downhill. Uphill was OK.

I'm beginning to think of how I'll be geared up for the marathon. I need to buy that Garmin, and get a smaller clip-on iPod, and new sneakers and break them in... and a shirt with my name on it... and a few pairs of my favorite socks... and maybe sunglasses. I need to get a map of the course, and start picking meeting points and asking friends to support me on the day. I need to send an evite out so people save the date! I've already have two friends invite me away over the weekend of the marathon! I'm like, uh, I might be a little busy!! And so are you!

I'm not going to be afraid to ask people to help support me on the day of the race. I rarely ask for help; but I can't do this one without the village. No way...

No comments:

Post a Comment