Wednesday, September 8, 2010

59: Sweet Wishes, Honey!

Tonight is the start of the Jewish New Year. No matter how involved or not involved I've been in Judaism over the course of my life, the new year has always marked an important time of reflection and renewal for me. This year is no different.

In fact, I don't think I've ever had more to be grateful for. Even with the probable dashing of my NYC marathon dreams for this year, I feel great satisfaction in having found a new dream that is more about sustaining an active life over time than about one particular day in November. This is not at all what I expected to feel 59 days before the big race. I feel no anxiety, only excitement. What will be? We shall see.

I like what I did last year. I made radical changes in many parts of my life and I am better for them. For the next year ahead...the sky's the limit! (And with that I don't mean to imply I'm going to be sky diving!)

L'Shana Tova.

No comments:

Post a Comment