Tuesday, September 14, 2010

53: Gel is Swell, in a Manner of Speaking

I'm the proud owner now of three ice-alternative gel packs. I know... You're thinking, this girl's got to get a life! (Maybe you'd like me to go back to talking about socks?) What can I say. I'm just not that exciting.

After a month of walking back and forth from the kitchen to my office at work with ice bags that leaked after one use, I finally got wise. And no more icing my foot on frozen dead animals, or vegetables at home, either. I'm like a real athlete now.

I've got one big gel pack for home that wraps nicely right around my foot so I can ice the top and bottom of my foot at the same time, seamlessly. Then I've got two medium sized gel packs that I keep at work, or will bring with me for travel. I can discretely tote them back and forth to the freezer several times a day. They stay cold, feel fun, and are a cheerful blue. They're a miracle!

My boss' boss at work has some knee trouble and just had surgery; so we're a team on ice. I wonder who else will join in... It's only a matter of time. Since I work in the drinks industry, I wonder whether all this ice-free time will get me thinking innovatively. Why are we all such slaves to "rocks?" How about a gelled cocktail? OK, I might have some more thinking to do on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment