Saturday, August 21, 2010

77: 15 Mile Bike Ride

I had a great workout day today! I went down to the gym with the intention of biking for a full hour. I've never biked that long, so I wasn't sure I could do it, but I did. It was incredibly hard. I went 15 miles in all, biking at level 3, and at an average speed of 15 mph.

When I got off the bike, my legs were like jelly. The trainer told me to do some squats but I could not. Instead, I just hung over my legs, did deep knee bends and stretched. Then I showered and jumped in the pool for 15 minutes of laps, a little "running" in the water (not touching the ground) and some resistance exercises.

For the first time in a while I pushed myself to the point of exhaustion. I think I might actually sleep well tonight; bye bye insomnia! Looks like I'm dating your enemy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment