Saturday, August 28, 2010

70: Sick of Rice

Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. R.I.C.E. I'm sick of it. I'm feeling so depressed. I don't want to ride the stationary bike. I don't want to swim. I just want to run.

My foot does not feel better. Honestly, it feels exactly the same as it did two weeks ago even though I have been so good. It's pretty unnerving. I was sure when the doctor said "two more weeks" that I'd be 100% better by then, but I do not feel "almost there." Maybe it's all going to come together in the next three days.

Today was the second long training run hosted by the NYRR. My bib for it came in the mail a few days ago. Of course I didn't participate.

There's only one more long run scheduled before the marathon and that's in September. I wonder if I'll be able to run by then. I'll also be missing a race tomorrow that I signed up for a month ago. That one had looked like a good one! It was a cross country event up in the Bronx. Something different. I don't even want to think about the money I've wasted on races I haven't participated in this month.

I've been so blue today, snipping at anyone who crossed me. I cleaned out parts of my apartment relentlessly - tossing things away - reorganizing shelves - assembling a pot rack I've had sitting in its box for 6 months. I moved furniture and recycled two shelves of books. I bleached the trash cans. I'm feeling helpless. Knocked down. Waiting for the bell to ring so I can get up again and start wrestling. I can not survive stuck in this corner for much longer, subsisting on rice alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment