Tuesday, August 24, 2010

74: In For Repairs

This body really needed a tune up. Maine's the perfect repair shop. Sunshine followed by snuggling under soft striped towels. Thoughtful conversation. Mini golf and the arcade. Reading. Cuddling. Old fashioned candy. Writing. Endless lunch. Swimming. Chocolate cake and peppermint stick ice cream. Curly hair and no makeup. Potato chips and onion rings. Soft clothes. Lemonade. And 10 hours of sleep a night to the muted sound of crickets and waves in harmony. Yeah, that's the recipe right there. That's what gets my wheels aligned again.

I was sore today from my one-hour tread in the water yesterday. I used upper body muscles in my arms, shoulders and back that (apparently!) I've never used before. Didn't stop me from going out there again in the cold water today, and spazing out for 40 minutes.

I'd have stayed longer but my presence was requested for head-stand lessons. I've got my priorities and, as things go, head stands are pretty much tops. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow evening if all goes as planned. And in one week, maybe, if I'm lucky, back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment