Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 149: Three Point Plan

Four weeks from now I will be running my first Half Marathon. Never mind that I've already run more than 12.1 miles... A race is a whole different game. The energy of the day and the speed of the crowd changes the playing field.

I need to concentrate in the next four weeks on three things.

1) Keeping up my training according to the schedule, or close to it,
2) focusing on my confidence and determination, and
3) building and testing strategies for working with the added energy of a big race day.

So, from now on, I'm not going to casually drop into any of my runs. I'm going to fuel every time, set a firm goal every time, and eat and sleep as if the Half Marathon were tomorrow.

This is war - mind and body over road - and I'm going to put everything I have into make my first Half Marathon a really positive experience which, hopefully, I'll be able to run fast and recover from as well as I've recovered from running 15 miles. That would be my definition of major success!

No comments:

Post a Comment