Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 124: Fawn Burger


I'm still in Sweden on a business trip. It's our last day of work and tomorrow and Saturday I have planned personal time for wandering and discovery. I had been planning to go to the gym tomorrow, my first minute off, but something very unfortunate has happened.

Tonight as part of a group dinner I was served, and ate, fawn burger. As in, a hamburger made of baby deer. This was accomplanied by chanterelles (like everything in Sweden) and lingonberries (ditto). The minute I bit into the strangely textured burger I had a funny feeling. Within an hour I could feel my stomach tightening up in knots. And now, having left the group who are partying like rockstars in the hotel lobby because our meetings are over, I have the sinking feeling it's going to be a very long night for me...

I've had food poisoning three times in my life before this. The first I was under age three and it came from a frozen eggplant dinner. I remember the looks on my parents faces as I came into their bed to lovingly throw up on them. I remember all of us cramming into the guest bed when I finally seemed "done" and how fun that was, but not so fun that I ever wanted to have food poisoning again. After that, there were two sushi-induced food poisoning incidents. Having food poisoning incident #4 in Sweden, from fawn burger none the less, is terribly exotic!

I hope I'm wrong. Especially since I'm scheduled to run 5 miles tomorrow... my first run in 4 days. Actually, come to think of it, missing running might be the least of my problems... Oh dear. Got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment