Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 122: My Little Bomb

When you have a big task to accomplish, they say to break it up into smaller tasks you can manage. The smaller task I’m training for now is the Half Marathon on April 25th. If I follow Gordon’s schedule exactly, I need to run 175 miles in the next 7 weeks to be ready for this race. A few days after that, I will actually start to focus on training for the Marathon itself. For now though, I’m training for the Half. That’s all I need to focus on. 175 miles… in 7 weeks… piece of cake.

So, today's a travel day for me and there will be no running. Just flying, working and dining. It's OK. There's always tomorrow. But a funny thing happened going through security in Frankfurt. I'm wearing my running shoes (easier to wear than pack, I'll switch when I get to Stockholm) and they've got my little Nike+ sensor strapped to the laces. It's small. I don't even notice it. But the ladies of German security sure did!

A swarm of security gals with bright blonde hair and pink lipstick descended around the machine while I was waiting for my stuff to come through. I was annoyed. Cutting into my duty free shopping time? Bitches! Then I realized they were picking over my things.

It was all resolved in a few minutes, though not without my getting the full wand treatment and a deep tissue pat-down! There's a Nike shop right here in the airport! I can't be the first person to come through security with a running sensor. Oh well. Glad to add a little excitement to everyone's morning.

1 comment:

  1. M - YOU ARE AMAZING!! But the truth is... you're ALREADY ready for the half marathon. If you can run 12, you can most certainly run 13.1 two months from now.
    Keep it up - I'm SOOO proud of you!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete