Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 145: New 5M PR (57:02/11:24 Pace)

The fastest I've ever run 5 miles before tonight was back on Jan 9th, Day 70, during a race. I did it then in 58:19, so I've gained over a minute, which is exciting! My new personal record (PR) for 5M is an 11:24 pace.

By the way, personal record (PR) and personal best (PB) mean the same thing and are used interchangeably by the media. I've been saying PB because it makes me think of peanut butter, which I like very much; but I'm told PR is preferred by people who care about these things. I'm thinking I'll use them both for a bit and maybe even make up my own abbreviation that won't offend anyone. What do you think about, WIGIA (wow I gunned it again), or maybe, BR (burned rubber)?

I don't know... I could get into renaming everything in the running world that has ever intimidated or confused me. I'd call my program, "Take Back the Track." And we'd make running the people's sport again! And by people, I don't mean the people at the front of the race. I mean the noble caboose!

No comments:

Post a Comment