Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 138: Ain't No Sunshine

Today was just about the sunniest, most perfect pre-spring day... or so I hear. I wouldn't know because I was behind a closed door in a windowless room starting at about 7 AM. Needless to say, I didn't get to run - again. It's been 4 days. I'm dying. I feel the need to GO someplace!

Tonight I'm rotting in front of a computer screen watching focus groups remotely. It's going to be a late night because the actual groups are in another time zone. I think this might very well be the definition of burning the candle at both ends. Feels a little too familiar... Though, I have to say, there's an end in sight.

I have set my alarm for 5 AM tomorrow morning; and the coffee maker is rigged in concert. My outfit is laid out. (OK truth: it's in a ball that I'm actually sitting on right now - my favorite grey T-shirt with holes in it - will I ever give that thing up?) All I've got to do tomorrow is put the stuff on and haul out to the elevator and... I'll be back in my happy place. Well, not the running part - but the after the running part.

I can definitely feel a haze of malaise descending on me right and I need to go get me some road!

No comments:

Post a Comment