Thursday, October 28, 2010

9: Cheers!

Only nine days to go!!! I need to start getting more sleep. And I need to stop drinking! I'm not doing any more social drinking until the marathon is over; but I am still drinking at work.

I look after a spirits brand and one of my job responsibilities is to evaluate beverage alcohol samples from the lab. Just this week, I had a 10AM meeting in which I needed to taste twenty new liquid prototypes! For serious. Thank goodness I've got that behind me and now I can get on to a week of clean living!

I'm still not quite clear on why everyone says you have to stop drinking so far ahead of a race, though. I've been asking people for their theories. The most likely ones I've heard are that drinking dehydrates you, and that over consumption can lead to tomfoolery and bodily injury. If anyone knows of any other reasons, I'd be curious to hear.

For now, I'm dry... but there's a bottle of bubbly already chilling in my fridge for one week from Sunday! Even if I don't make it to the finish line - OK maybe especially if I don't make it to the finish line - I'm popping that puppy open the minute I get back to my apartment! Even before the ice bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment