Tuesday, October 12, 2010

25: My Body is a Wonderland

I have no idea what I'm made of. I mean, literally. What's under my skin? What's a hamstring and what's an IT band? Running has made me slightly more aware of the machinery beneath the frame (and paint job) but I have a long way to go. And I'm interested.

Tonight I saw a side of myself I've never seen before. I think it was my brains. I'm feeling better, but still so congested. I just went to blow my nose and, with considerable effort, I was able to honk out part of the problem. Only, it wasn't snot, or at least not snot like I've ever seen before... and I feel like, objectively, I've seen a lot of snot in my life.

What came out of my nose tonight was bright white - and meaty. What WAS that? Did I get really wasted and store queso fresco up my nose while I was in Mexico? Gads. I hope now that it's gone I'll snap back to health and feel ready to get back on the road. In the meanwhile, I think I'd better Google snot expressions and make sure I'm in the normal range. My body is a wonderland.

1 comment: