Monday, October 18, 2010

19: Mr. Foot Dreams of His Holiday

When I was running yesterday, hurting, and grinding it out, I had fantasies of what I might post to my facebook status today: Michelle Sanders can't walk. Or maybe, Michelle Sanders is on ice. But, surprise, surprise, I'm totally fine... Sure, I'm a little bit sore, but nothing major and nothing compared to after previous long runs. I can climb stairs, sit and bend. I don't feel like a "shaken baby."

Formula for success: eating right for 3 days before the run; staying hydrated, salted and fed for the full run; stretching while running and after; more food and drinking; walking; ice bath; hot bath; foam roller; and 2 Advil the next morning. Totally fine. Miracle.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. The only thing that's bothering me right now is my dear foot, where my original injury was. It feels worse than ever. I've got 3 weeks to nurse it back to mediocre so I can run one more long run - the big one! And after that, I'm sending Mr. Foot on a holiday! (Probably with the rest of me... because we're all going to need to lie down for a while after 26.2!)

No comments:

Post a Comment