Friday, October 22, 2010

15: Poorly Rested

I'm running a 10 mile group long run tomorrow that follows the last 10 miles of the marathon route. I've tried to carb load, stay hydrated and lick salt over the last few days but I'm not sure I got the balance quite right. I feel a little dehydrated right now.

I also haven't gotten enough sleep. I was up at 4:15AM this morning to catch a flight, and then I worked like a maniac all day. I wish naps were enforced for adults. I want a carpet square with my name on it.

Now I am off to bed so I can be up at 6AM to hit the start line on East 60th street. It's strange. I'm looking forward to it in my head, but the rest of me is totally bummed and I'm sure in the morning will be begging to stay back in our cuddly down comforter swaddle heaven. It's going to be a challenge getting out the door for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment