Wednesday, October 6, 2010

31: Ready For My Punishment

Let's face it, I'm living a bit of a charmed life right now. I've got too much of a good thing. It isn't fair and I know it. If for no other reason, I need running in my life to provide balance.

Want to know what I mean? I woke up this morning under a canopy bed in a tent in the jungle mountains of Veracruz. Birds were chirping. A nice little Mexican couple stopped by and left a thermos of hot coffee on my porch. After a shower, I squeezed my own OJ and boarded a bus to a private jet that would take me back to Mexico City.

There, I dined on vegetarian Mexican delicacies, and worked at a job I love to do. Now I will soon be off to one of the best restaurants in Mexico, Izote, where I will decidedly NOT be ordering the hot buttered ant eggs like I did last spring. Later in the evening, I have to attend a lecture at an historic site, followed by a cockatil making demonstration being given by one of the world's best mixologists, flown in especially for this night from Sweden. His name is Mohamed. (I'm trying to get my head around that one.)

You can see why I deserve a bit of a smack-down. Date with the treadmill tomorrow... just the two of us. I hope I get it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment