Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 97: My First Personal Best (10:49)

I just ran 3 miles in 32:27, netting a 10:49 minute mile. That's the fastest I've ever run in my life! I'm a frickin' jackrabbit!

In running they call your fastest time a PB, or Personal Best. I'm excited to have one now. I think your PB necessarily has to correspond with the number of miles your ran because obviously my PB for a 3 mile run would be different from a PB for a 10 mile run, but anyway, I can't believe I just ran for 3 miles straight without stopping (except when my shoelace came undone) and that I ran a good quarter of a mile at 6.4 mph or higher. I seriously never thought I could do that.

How did I do it? I worked later than I meant to, so I didn't have much time. I've got a date downtown at 8pm so I needed to get the run over quickly, shower, and get out the door! And, I have so much personal stress right now I think I'm going to melt - running actually felt like an escape for once.

Tonight, I loved running. It was a safe, happy place where I felt connected with myself and in control. If running were like this every time, I'd want to do it every day for the rest of my life. And to think, I almost went my whole life without knowing what was on the dark side... *weeps*

Tonight, anyway - for the record - I do not hate to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment