Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 93: Gross Fatigue

For some reason Gordon wanted me to run 2-3 miles today. I've never trained the day after a big run so this was new for me; but Gordon knows what she's doing so of course I put my trust in her schedule. I was even nonchalant about it. Two miles? Piece of cake!

Well, boy, was I wrong. Two miles never felt so tough. Wait, that's not true - two miles felt this tough even 2 months ago - but I thought I'd graduated past that and wasn't going to feel miserable fatigue like that ever again. Argh!

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself but I feel disappointed right now. I feel like I should have been stronger, more resilient, more robust. Why wouldn't my legs move? Why did my left hip hurt when it's always my right hip that hurts? Why did I get so red, so fast, and sweaty as if I'd been running at top speed for an hour? I just don't understand it.

I spent a long time stretching afterwards, and rolling around on the floor on a medicine ball type thing. No running again until Wednesday and I'm very glad for that. If for no other reason than that I don't want to feel this kind of disappointment again tomorrow! On Wednesday, though, I am going to make my come back. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment