Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 109: Listening Party

Today's a day off from running and I was glad for it. I needed time tonight to meet up with friends for a party and sort out all the feelings I've been having since I started running. I didn't talk so much as I did listen tonight.

One friend told me about the personal growth she's experienced over the last 6 months. There was clarity in her words, joy in her smile. She was proud of herself and that was the most beautiful cosmetic anyone could apply. There was an article in a recent Runner's World that talked about the contagious quality of fitness and health consciousness - which is something I have begun to notice on my own - I started running and now countless people I never thought would run are also giving it a try... Does that have anything to do with me? I'll never know! But, maybe. Anyway, it occurred to me as I was listening to this friend speak that there is also a contagious quality to happiness and connection. When someone else opens up, you open up. When someone else is happy, you feel safe and free to express your own happiness.

I loved the little listening party I went to tonight. Life really is good... Don't you think? (I know you do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment