Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 103: Hungry Like the Wolf

Today I went to work with a piece of broiled salmon stuffed in my purse. (Unfortunately, I forgot about it until 11AM when I wasn't the only one who became aware of it.) I'm so starving all the time now it isn't funny. I carry entrees around with me as if they were power bars! What's next? Setting up a carving station in my cube?

Co-workers smile politely as I travel the halls several times a day with plates of grapefruit slices piled high, Ryvita slabs covered with cottage cheese, and turkey with mustard. I don't crave sweets at all, just raw protein and carbs. If I could lick protein powder (maybe I can, must look into this) I would. There's a display of Swedish wheat in my office and I sometimes consider tasting it as I walk by. I'm like a wild animal the day after I run, hunting down prey, wherever I can...

I'm carefully logging all my meals into my food diary. We shall see what the nutritionist says when I meet her. This can't be normal. I hope she doesn't refer me to a psychiatrist.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear,
    This is really funny and charming. Love the part about the salmon, I'll have to get you some sort of blinged-out (and hot pink) cooler/lunch bag for you to transport your meals in because I doubt your purse appreciates fishy smells.
    I'm sorry I've done a bad job of keeping in touch lately, I've had a really bizarrely hectic few weeks since getting back to school. BUT I'm hoping you're doing well; you certainly seem upbeat, and I'm SO IMPRESSED THAT YOU'VE REACHED 103 DAYS! If your 182nd day comes while I'm home (aka half a year) we're going to have to take you out for some crazy celebrating. Although since I fear my celebrating will come in the form of tasty but rather un-fun Shirley Temples and yours will not that perhaps we should wait until some time after your 396th day when I can legally toast to you. (Yes, I did just take the time to google a date-calculator)

    Miss you and hugs and kisses,
    Emme

    ps
    I'm not entirely sure why it says my other name is Sonya... I think I must have an account on this website from some project for Russian last year.

    ReplyDelete