Monday, July 12, 2010

117: 10 Miles in Vegas, Baby!

I'm in Vegas today for rehearsals for a 3-day meeting starting tomorrow. I headed down to the gym at 6:30 this morning and ran into three colleagues; and my boss had just left. Kind of fun knowing I work in a place where what I do and who I am fits in.

Today I doubled my biking efforts from Saturday. I went a total of 10 miles, in 44 minutes, moving at level 3 for the first 30 minutes and pushing it to level 5 for the last 14. My toe didn't hurt and while I do feel I got a great workout, it didn't kill me. I didn't hate it. And I was even able to read and do work while I sat there. The stationary bike isn't so bad!

Good thing I have access to an indoor gym here because it's 95 degrees out today. It was 100 degrees at midnight last night. I don't think I'm going to be doing any outdoor exercise on this trip to Nevada!

A final note, the gym remains a great place to get free water and fruit when traveling! Better than paying $8 for a liter of Fiji in the room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment