Wednesday, July 21, 2010

108: 4M Escape from Tuba

Here in New Orleans, all day and night the sound of brass instruments dances through the air. Even when you might like a little silence. Like, say, in the afternoon when you're trying to slip in a one hour disco nap. Or after hours, when in places other than New Orleans, people might think of sleeping.

One respite from the constant din of tuba and trombone is the gym, positioned up high on the penthouse floor, totally enclosed, and insulated by the white noise effect of air conditioning, fans and my own iPod's sound track. I ran 4 fairly easy miles there on Wednesday, without stopping, and with occasional, sharp foot pain. The foot isn't getting better but I'm not sure it's getting worse.

My time was pretty slow. I ran most of it at 5.2 or 5.6 mph. My heart rate hovered around 150, anyway. My body's tired. 4 more miles to be run on Thursday. Sure wish I could do it outside in the Garden District, or along the Bayou, but it's too hot out there. Much better to go out and see the city through all the events I get to attend down here. NOLA is quite a fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment