Tuesday, July 13, 2010

116: Periodically Conventional

Call it an excuse if you'd like but there are just some days when you can't exercise because of work. Today was one of those. Day two of our convention... and my day to present to a room busting at the seams with people I've never met.

Between rewriting my index cards 30 times, last minute rehearsals, getting miked in a dress, setting up for a social event I was hosting, prepping for tomorrow and Thursday's breakout rooms, dressing mannequins, and taking photos with drag queens, there just wasn't time to work out.

I did do about 60 jumping jacks in my room before leaving for the meeting, and stretched a number of times during the day in front of people - I don't even care what they think of me, stretching in public, in a dress - they know I'm weird and frankly, enough of my office is obsessed with working out that I'm not sure being weird in this particular way is a bad thing!

Anyway, tomorrow's going to be just as busy but since I don't have the added pressure of having to go on a stage and do professionally risky things like march to the "A-Team" soundtrack, and physically smash outdated point of sale material in front of the Chairman of the Board, well, I think I can squeeze a stationary bike ride in! At least I hope so; because I don't mind having to put work first when I'm away for an important convention, as long as this happens only periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment