Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 58: Moth to Flame

I hit the gym for an hour today to do stretching and strength training. Before I started, I decided it would be OK if I got on the treadmill for five minutes of walking, just to warm my body up; but once I was on there, I found - to my great surprise - that not only did I quickly put the pace up to 4.5 mph, but I was very reluctant to get off... Moth to flame! I only let myself go a half a mile because I do understand that the "day of rest" serves a purpose, and I didn't want to screw that up; but I really wanted to keep going.

Even after half a mile, I wasn't feeling the least bit tired. I could have held a conversation easily. I was completely comfortable. Now, I realize this is only a half a mile we are talking about; but when I think of where I've come from - that at the beginning of all this I couldn't even run for 100 feet comfortably - it makes me proud.

Tomorrow I have a 2-3 mile run to complete and I'm excited to see how it goes... 2-3 miles seems so short now that I've run 4 miles three times!

No comments:

Post a Comment