Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 41: Just Jogging

Well, as it turns out, all this time I haven't been running at all - I've just been jogging. I had no idea. I thought anything over 4 mph was a run; but today I spent the day with a dedicated runner who told me the truth. Running doesn't happen until you're going at a pace of 6 mph or higher. Before that, it's just jogging.

It's OK. I'm not discourage (much). I'll keep training at the pace I'm going and hope that eventually, one day, I can call myself a runner. The good news is, now that I know what running actually is, I can tell you without reservation that I definitely still hate to run. I'm no hypocrite. This blog is gen-u-wine. Whereas, I was soon going to have to admit that I'm getting into whatever I've been doing; but thankfully, I won't have to face an embarrasing moment like that any time soon. So, no worries. If you like people who hate to run, I'm still your girl.

Tonight I ran... ahem - excuse me. Let me start over. Tonight I walked and jogged 5K. I warmed up with a fast walk for .5 mile, then jogged 1 mile, then fast walked another .5 mile, and then finished strong with another mile of fast jogging, followed by a cool down. Afterward, I used the medicine ball to stretch, drank about 2 liters of minted water, and ate a light dinner of grilled shrimp and sweet potato soup. Good times...

Now I am off to the airport to catch a red eye back home. I think I managed this week on the road pretty well; so I'm proud of that. And I look forward to continuing my "jogging" program when I get back to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment