Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 36: So Much for Balance

Today is an unplanned day off. It's Sunday and I'm working in North Lake Tahoe. I'm here to help host an event that was to be an outdoor party with s'more roasting over huge fire pits, a band, and 500 VIPs on the guest list. But Nature had other plans. It's 8 degrees out right now and big balls of snow have been falling sideways since noon. Good for the ski mountain, bad for us.

I've spent most of the day helping to move all our party gear from our outdoor space, which we set up yesterday, to a new indoor space. I've fallen on ice twice in my running shoes - my arm's totally bruised - and there's no way I'm going to make it to the gym before the event starts in 30 minutes, or afterward.

So, today's a day off, and balance, but a sweet memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment