Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 180: I *Heart* Drek

There are different philosophies on how to recover from a big race. At the Expo I heard you’re supposed to rest one day for every mile you’ve run. That doesn’t mean no running at all, just that you shouldn’t go fast, or stay out there too long. My Marathon training schedule doesn’t “know” that I’ve just run a Half so I was up and running and cross training right away, with a long run scheduled for this weekend. I was scheduled to run 4 miles today.

Well, I’m tired. I don’t want to run today. I’m not ready. I’m physically ready, but emotionally, I need a break. I just want to watch some TV or something! I don’t even want to blog, sorry to say… I miss my life before all this. I miss cooking, and sleeping, and talking about drek. I mean, I don’t miss them a lot! Just a little. All I need is one night to reminisce… And I’m going to take it.

Right now I’m catching up on Crate & Barrel catalogues. Yeah, that’s how I roll over here when I’m living large. I made my own dinner too - healthy fried brown rice with shrimp and veggies. Not a single sip of protein shake, or power bar. I’m not doing any laundry, or downloading new tunes, syncing my Nike+, filling a water bottle, snacking on Sport Beans, or planning a route. I’m just being a regular person tonight. A runner on a break. And I’m not spending any more than 5 minutes on this entry, either! All of it – I want a day off from all of it!

Tomorrow, I’ll make my 4 miles up in the Park. It’s been a long time since I ran outdoors in the morning before work. It’ll be good for me to shake my routine up and get a high-energy start to Friday. I’m excited just thinking about it! Ahh… back to the beautiful side of running, the anticipation, the challenge… I’m definitely looking forward to tomorrow... but right now? Pass me that “US Weekly,” will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment