Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 159: "Dear John"

So, when you don't make it into the lottery, they send you a Dear John letter. And in my case, for some strange reason, they sent it twice. Basically it confirms the fate you already knew, but now in no uncertain terms. You did not get in.

My letter started like this... "We’re sorry, but you were not selected in the ING New York City Marathon 2010 lottery. We appreciate your commitment to running with NYRR, but we must limit the size of the field to make this race safe and enjoyable for participants."

I reviewed the charity options and was sorry not to find the American Lung Association listed. Any charity would be a good one, of course, but I'd sort of like to pick one that has some kind of meaning to me. I'm really quite undecided - and the deadline for some of them is actually tomorrow! Feels a little bit like sorority rush! I'm supposed to pick what letters I want to wear for the next six and a half months and I haven't even met all the sisters yet! Yeesh.

I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a good one! I just ran the 1/2 marathon in March and I believe I saw you there, handing out water on 42nd street - good luck to you, you are doing an awesome thing! :)
    Selin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looked at the charities and i am surprised by them... no many local charities and some fighting against diseases I had never heard of like myeloma. I would choose CF of course for personal reasons, or unicef, because of their reputation.

    ReplyDelete