Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 157: 3M in 31:28/10:29 Pace

Today's one of those days. Was up at 5:30AM, at my desk by 7AM, running a meeting from 9AM - 2PM, then more meetings on the hour until 6PM.

The thing is, around 1PM while I was standing for the fourth hour in heels, I noticed I started to shake my leg a little. Not a nervous shake... just a shake, like, it wanted to MOVE. By 3PM I was consciously thinking about running, and even checked my calendar to make sure I'd scheduled it in. By 6PM I was obsessed... could think of nothing else. Must - get - home - and - run.

Dashed home on the subway, reading a book to distract myself from wishes that I'd have time to run outside - I wouldn't. Got home and threw my shorts that chafe the worst on - because nothing else was clean. Ran 3 hurried miles on the treadmill, with bad songs. Showered. Blogged. Now off to dinner.

All this, quite literally, on five hours of sleep. I think this is what they mean when they say running is addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment