Friday, June 11, 2010

148: First Minor Injury

I have my first minor injury of sorts. It isn't serious. Just a pulled something or other on the side of my left leg between the ankle and top of the calf. I called Jolynn and described it to her and she knew exactly what it was. The name escapes me now. She said to use the roller at the gym on it, before and after running, and that that happened to her too when she was doing a lot of running. I did what she said and it felt great while I was doing it. Now, an hour later, it's still hurting but ever so slightly less than before.

I'm disappointed this has happened to me but very, very glad it isn't a big deal. I'm just going to keep up with my plans and if I notice it getting worse, I'll see a doctor. Right now it just hurts in a minor way ever time I step on it. When I'm sitting or lying down, I wouldn't even know there was a problem.

I'll keep you posted. Definitely no running today. Not only because of this but because I got 3.5 hours of sleep last night! Yeesh. Whatdya think? I'm a machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment