Wednesday, June 16, 2010

143: The Power of Ahhh...

Have you ever said "Ahhhh" for 8 minutes straight? I have. ErinSati plus Wayne Dyer equals the most radical Wednesday nights on the planet. 35 men and women... a power troupe... giving it all they've got, followed by powerful Ahhhs.

There is G-d in there in that room with Ahhhs pouring out of professional lungs. You can feel it. And then suddenly, without a sign, or any rational reason, you feel it's time to stop - and in that very instant, every single person around you apparently has the exact same response - and the room goes pin drop silent. It's close to the experience I had being in proximity to the Jade Buddha in Bangkok.

When the workout portion of the class was over tonight, and I really can't stress how massively Erin kicks your butt, I actually still felt like moving! I danced around the room for a while, so much so that one girl jumped behind me and we started a "train!" And even when that train had lost its steam, I was still rearing to go, so I walked home. I was reminded with this how somewhere after mile 5 when I'm running, I just start to "keep going" and the torture of putting one foot in front of the other morphs into a kind of purpose. I think because I haven't been doing any non-race long runs I'd sort of forgotten that.

I've got another race this Sunday, a 5 miler. I think I'd like to run some more after that, maybe 5 more miles. It's Father's Day and I'll be running in memory of my dad, but I don't know anyone doing the race so I'll be on my own afterwards and can hop to. Seems like a plan is forming!

No comments:

Post a Comment