Wednesday, June 23, 2010

136: 2010 ING NYC Marathon Entry #: 479965

It seemed this day would never come. I prayed on it. I envisioned it. And eventually, it manifested. I got my entry number for the marathon. YES!!!

For all the material help I've been given to get to this day, I am grateful. There is something divine in this whole journey. From the way it started, to how it progressed. Now I have the opportunity to make my dream come true, and cross the finish line in Central Park on November 7, 2010. Can you believe I've been at this EVERY SINGLE DAY since November 1, 2009? A journey of a thousand miles starts with... one 5 mile walk along the West Side Highway!

As hard as it's been, it hasn't been. I feel like the road has risen up to meet me along the way. Yes, I am doing the hard, miserable work of training; but that happens on Earth, and is between me and my Asics, if you know what I mean. We get together. We beat the sidewalk up a little. The clothes go through the wash. And repeat.

But there's something else at play, I feel. There's some kind of divinity in what I'm experiencing and I'm humbled by it. Just when I'm most vulnerable, something or someone has always intervened and set me back on my path. I should have quit a long time ago. A long, long, long time ago. But I haven't. I've kept going. And I will keep going. Even as it gets harder by the day. With the knowledge that I don't need to know right now how I'm going to get through these next four months. (Only 4 months!!! OMG!) I can just trust that whatever I need to get through, it will be provided. My job is to put the shoes on and follow directions. The rest is out of my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment