Wednesday, June 30, 2010

129: Am I Starting to Show?

Blessings on Nikki Walker who came up behind me before ErinSati class tonight and gushed over my "runner's legs." I really needed that! I'm not feeling like much of a runner right now since for the last few weeks I've only been running races, and this week looks like it's going to be more of the same. Nikki gave me some new information about myself today and I'm going to take great pride in what she saw because the body never lies.

This is a hot topic with me right now. The body. And false advertising. I really resent that I actually live an incredibly healthy life (minus the stress) and yet my body doesn't look like the picture of perfect health. I'm not athletic looking. Yes, the next wave down of clothing is starting to be too big. Last week I had to throw out two pairs of underpants because they literally fell off while I was wearing dresses! This is all a little bit amazing, if inconvenient, but I'm also not suddenly Jillian Michaels.

So, what physical evidence is there to reassure me that I'm making progress, and let others know the same, without my having to shout about it? Or blog about it? I've noticed my arms are more muscular, but that's not from running; that's from intenSati. I've noticed I'm tan - probably tanner than I've been in my adult life - and that is from running outside. I've noticed a change in my thigh muscles - they're hard; but, what do others see, if anything?

With Nikki's comment, I now know that in fact, this runner is starting "to show." Who I am on the inside - how I live, what I do, and who I am - is peeking through... I really like the idea that my authentic sensing and doing is translating into visible evidence.

Running isn't the only thing I've been doing that's producing a radical change in how I feel and maybe even how I look on the outside. I owe you an update on something major I took on a few months ago. Like with running, I didn't want to talk about it right away because I wasn't sure it would stick; but it has stuck, and so now it is time. Maybe tomorrow.

(What's a Wednesday without a decent cliffhanger?)

No comments:

Post a Comment