Monday, November 30, 2009

Day Thirty: Lottery #479965

Well, it's day 30 today. Holy crapper! An entire month of living like I mean it...

I had an early morning flight to Chicago today for work and will be in focus groups until 9pm tonight, followed by a group dinner. There won't be any running for Mimi today... But that's OK. A day of rest a week has been prescribed by the Oracle, as you'll recall.

To kick off day one of a new month tomorrow morning, I've asked my friend Allison to help support my superstitions. Now, I do not believe in being superstitious at all - please!! But just in case, I figure, why not. Since I started my training off with a 5 mile walk with Allison, she has agreed to get up early with me and walk before work. We can't actually walk together because she's in NY, and I'll be in Chicago; but we'll walk and talk on the phone! Based on her recent fb updates, I'm pretty sure we're going to have a lot to talk about!

As I prepare to enter month two, I'm also thinking about how to up my training. I will need a second pair of sneakers. There's that Nike technology that tracks your mileage and pace through your iPod - maybe I'll get that. I'm never going to run less than a mile without stopping again - ever. And tonight, I signed myself up for the lottery for next year's Marathon! Special thanks to Andy for giving me the heads up about that. I am lottery # 479965 and I'll find out in March whether I made it in. Until then, I'm training like I mean it, baby! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots and lots of luck - go #479965!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gadget idea...iron man makes a great watch that has an attachment for your iPod. Let's you tuck the 'pod' in your pocket and manage the play/pause/volume etc.. from your watch - FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are not a number you are a runner

    Abebe Bikila (sp?) ran with no shoes and he won the Olympic marathon -- now that would be something to see

    maybe next year -- but I am in slight awe of u

    ReplyDelete