Monday, May 17, 2010

173: 2M in the Morning

I took myself for a run this morning in Central Park. Nothing long, just wanted to limber up and come back after Saturday's race because I've been feeling pretty stiff.

The 2 miles was actually harder than I thought it would be. I'd given myself enough time for 4 but mid-loop darted back through Poet's Walk and cut it short. I'm roughly following the Nike+ Marathon training schedule still but since it doesn't know when I have a race, or a business trip, or when I just pain don't feel like running, there's always a degree of winging it. Last week I fell seriously short on mileage. That's unlikely this week since I have the Brooklyn Half Marathon on Saturday!

Anyway, I feel great right now that I have precious morning time post-run to organize and get ready for the day. I'm having more coffee and some protein recovery drink - though I hardly need that for 2 miles! I mean, I did break a sweat and everything but I'm sure I'm not electrolyte deprived! It makes for a quick, high protein, zero fat breakfast though so, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment