Monday, May 31, 2010

160: 5 Miles in Jiutepec

Hit the gym and ran 5 miles. Noble of me considering how I might otherwise have spent an hour of my precious holiday time. But the truth is, I was itching for a run. I'd actually put my shoes on twice before at the resort, but the heaviness on my feet compared to flip flops... the weight of dark technical fibers compared to white cotton... was pretty discouraging.

I had to smile at the gym when the woman on the treadmill next to me was wearing an outfit similar to mine, same exact Gel Nimbus Asics, and same exact orange iPod. She was Mexican but obviously of European lineage, probably similar to mine; even beyond the accessories, we sort of looked alike - same body type, same hair color, same face.

The man on the other side of me ran 3 miles and looked like he might have a heart attack as he stepped off the treadmill. I had fantasies of administering an aspirin and saving the day, and posting "...saved a man's life today!" on my facebook page. Red flag: Apparently, I like drama! Anyway, he was fine and he smiled broadly at me for continuing on as long as I did. It was HOT! I've never ever been more drenched in sweat than I was during this run. No idea what the temperature was but... not refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment