Tuesday, November 2, 2010

4: In Harm's Way

I was joking when I wrote last week that all I had to do in my last days before the marathon was avoid falling down a flight of stairs. I've been actively taking precautions to keep myself from harm's way; but apparently, I haven't been cautious enough.

On Saturday night, stone sober, I actually fell out of a chair and landed on my hip! I got a bunch of bruises on my arm, which I used to break the fall. My hip seems to be fine.

Then this morning, before work, I let a rocks glass filled with iced coffee slide off the kitchen counter and smash into a million pieces on my bare foot. I only got a small cut on the top, but that spooked me.

Right now I am on red alert! Making sure I pay attention to everything I'm doing. I hope I'll be lucky and nothing else will happen to me but, they say things come in threes...

No comments:

Post a Comment